From cooking to beauty, daily life of a woman can be fun, hectic, and everything in between. As a mother and business woman, I get it. Here I have tips, tutorials, and other fun stuff that I find make the life of a woman simpler. For more beauty related posts, follow my blog at bcmakeupartistry.com

Friday, June 8, 2012

Money Saving Tip for Shopaholics!

       Find yourself spending too much money? On things you don't even (really) need!? Buying gift cards for yourself is a great way to limit your spending and cut down on impulse buys. This works best if you buy one for the whole year. For example, Victoria's Secret is a big temptation for me. At the beginning of the year, I purchase a gift card for $250 and tell myself "this is for 1 set of new undies, 1 swimsuit, and one bra." This works great as long as I wait a few months in between purchases. Holding out for annual sales works great too! And since you purchase the gift cards all at once, your bank account looks much nicer throughout the year. If you can't make a purchase like that, hold out for tax returns and that can be the start of your fiscal shopping year. Hope you guys try this and let me know how it works for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment